Now that you have your budget in place, I would like to offer you a few money saving secrets I have learned when planning a wedding.
- Consider the location where you are hosting your wedding and reception. Using one location will not only save your bridal party and guests time in travel, but often money as you will not have to worry about additional transportation. This is also true of your photographer, deejay, and anyone that would require additional costs for having to transport equipment to multiple locations. Aside from saving you money, this will save everyone involved a great amount of time and make for a smoother transition from your ceremony to reception for your guests. The location will also dictate what you will require for décor, therefore affecting costs greatly.
- Ask about varying rates. Often venues can be flexible in their rates. What I mean by this is that you can usually save money hosting your event during the non-prime time of the week. For example hosting your wedding on a weekday can offer you great savings.
- Ask the venue if they have suggestions for caterers, decorators, etc. Often venues have specific companies they prefer to deal with and as a result using the suggested companies will do 2 things:
- Save you on costs
- Give you the peace of mind in knowing that this specific area is left in capable hands.
- Consider hosting a later event. For example if you host a ceremony at 4 p.m. you would most definitely require a full sit down meal for your guests. If you host a 6 p.m. ceremony you will save a great deal on food costs.
- Don’t feel like you must have an open bar. Consider having a cash or toonie bar. You may also provide a drink ticket or two for each guest, or a bottle of wine on each table.
Happy planning! Cheers to the best day of your life!